Wednesday 15 August 2007

"THE SEIGE OF GIBRALTAR" AT THE SURREY ZOOLOGICAL GARDENS - 1847

Today much of the elephant was police-taped off, so I had to take a long route to get to work. Anyway, it dawned on me that there really is an awful lot of subway to be photographed. I do wonder if I will get it all done before I get fired from this job or evicted from my home. Both pretty likely to be pretty soon really. But this isn't about me. This is about Art. Really Crap Art that somehow really makes me smile, and not in a cynical sneery way either. Elephant gets a bad rap, and I've only ONCE seen something that made me do a tummy sick there.

Anyway, here's the second picture. You will notice that I will retrospectively add info to these, or they will never get up. Details, titles and the like. I want people across the world and for the rest of time to be able to fully soak up this utter awesomeness.


note the virulent neon colour of the exploding ship. Not enough artists have really explored the potential of adding highlighter ink to their paint. Try to work out why the men to the right of the ship have their hands up. Despair or victory? and, serious question, can anyone tell me what the Seige of Gibraltar and the Surrey Zoological Gardens have got to do with eachother or Elephant?

No comments: